The Portfolio tool in Itslearning – ePortfolio
Video about the use of ePortfolio in itslearning
Here you can see a short video about the use of the e-Portfolio tool in itslearning
When you as a student want access to your ePortfolio, you get access through your profile:
1. Choose your ePortfolio.
The above 5 functions are part of the ePortfolio. They are explained in the following:
Generally, your ePortfolio is private. You can make it available on the internet. See how you do this under item 5.
- "Content" shows your profile where you can enter information about yourself, e.g. by adding a picture.
- Here you can add a blog to your ePortfolio, as with the blog functions you know from other blogs. If you activate the Blog function, it is shown in your ePortfolio. It can e.g. contain reflections that you would like to share with others.
- Here we are at the core of the ePortfolio as your ePortfolio contains folders only. Here you can administer your folders in your ePortfolio.
- Here you can view your ePortfolio.
- Here you can administer your ePortfolio overall and not just on folder level.
11. Blog entries: Shows blog entries.
12. Here you can add comments to your blog.
13. Settings for your blog (see "Settings for blog" below).
14. Here you can view your blog.
15. Here you can add blog entries.
Settings for blog (cf. item 13)
16. Enter title.
17. Select to view a number of blog entries and whether this should be based on entries or days.
18. Enter an e-mail address.
19. Enter a period of time for archiving of your entries.
20. Here you can activate RSS feed. We do not recommend this as the RSS feed overwrites the content view in the blog.
21. Here you can choose who will have access to your blog. NOTE: If you want to make your blog available to people outside of itslearning, you must choose "Available on the internet".
22. Save when you have entered your settings. NOTE: You can always edit your settings later, even if you have saved them.
23. Here you can create a new folder (see more under "Create new folder")
24. Here you can see your folders in your ePortfolio.
25. Here you can see whether your folder type is an assessment portfolio or a private folder. Specific for the assessment portfolio type is that it is inherited from the courses that the student is a member of. Private folders are not from courses but rather created by the student him-/herself.
26. Status refers to whether it is open or closed.
27. Here you can see the access for your folders. As shown above, the assessment portfolio is from the course "Administrationsbachelor NY" which is available on the internet.
You may want to share this with users who do not have access to Itslearning, or you may want it to be private.
28. You can add comments here, as needed.
29. Indicates whether the folders are visible.
30. Here you can export your folders. Your folder will now be exported in ZIP format so that you can bring it out of itslearning.
Create new folder:
31. Enter title
32. Enter your content here. This can e.g. be reasons for and reflections on your learning process. You can work with text, pictures, video, and audio. See how you use the Rich Text Editor here.
33. Here is the link to your folder.
34. Here you can indicate whether you folder will be shown in your ePortfolio.
35. Here you can choose the access to your folder. NOTE: If your folder should be available to people out side of Itslearning, you must select "Available on the internet".
36. You can select the theme for your folder here.
37. Save your settings when you are done.
Here you can view your ePortfolio.
38. Choose the folder (or blog) that you want as your start page when ePortfolio is shown.
39. Choose if you want to include "About me" and "Blog" in your ePortfolio.
40. Choose between various themes.
41. Here is the link to your ePortfolio.
42. Here you can add a link to external resources which are also shown in your ePortfolio. E.g. a link to learning resources out side of Itslearning.
43. Here you can choose the access to your ePortfolio. If you want your folder(s) to be visible to e.g. a teacher, you must as a minimum choose "Your courses and projects" . If you choose "Only me", no one can see your ePortfolio.
44. Click "Save" when you have entered your settings.